Creating and Customizing an Application using Alfresco ADF
Lab Environment (Virtual Machine)
[DEPRECATED] - Creating and Customizing an Application using Alfresco ADF
This lesson provides Developers with hands-on lab experience creating and customizing an Alfresco ADF application for a given scenario.
This course has been deprecated and will shortly be replaced by a series of newer courses that are based upon a Docker Compose lab environment.
You will still be able to register for and take this course until 30th June 2019 when your access to the lab environment will be removed.
A list of replacement courses will be provided here when available.
You can find further details about the changes that are being made in the FAQs.
Description: In this lesson, a Developer is guided through a series of four lab exercises, demonstrations, lab parameters, and provided a virtual machine, to create their first ADF application and customizing that application for a given scenario. Below is an outline of the lab exercises:
- The first lab, guides a Developer through the deployment of ADF and creation of a unified application using ADF.
- The second lab, guides a Developer through some basic modifications to the application such as customization of the login screen, adding a logo, and changing the theme of the application.
- The third lab, guides a Developer through a more advanced modifications such as removing and adding buttons to the ADF application toolbar and creating custom stencils used to render the APS process screens for a specific scenario.
- The fourth and final lab, simulates User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Audience: Developers who have responsibilities for developing and configuring applications that interface with Alfresco Digital Business Platform (DBP) components.
Prerequisites: Students must have the following prerequisites:
- Completion of the Alfresco Application Development Framework Overview lesson.
Important: You will have access to the course content for a full year from the date you enrolled. You only have access to the Virtual Machine (VM) provided for this lesson for thirty (30) days from enrollment.
Duration: 4 hours
Objectives: At the end of this lesson, the student will be able to:
- Create an Alfresco ADF application
- Describe the process or method of customizing and Alfresco ADF application
- Demonstrate the process or method of customizing and Alfresco ADF application