Alfresco Technical Foundation: Fiddler
This course will provide a technical foundation for using the web diagnostic tool Progress Telerik Fiddler with Alfresco Content Services
This course will provide a technical foundation for using the web diagnostic tool Progress Telerik Fiddler to investigate problems encountered with Alfresco Content Services (ACS) or Alfresco Process Services (APS) when accessing from Windows based clients.
The course will describe the Fiddler installation and provide the basic knowledge required to use Fiddler to trace Windows desktop interaction with Alfresco Content Services, particularly Alfresco Share.
Note: this is not intended to provide a complete training course on the use of Fiddler; further information is available from the Fiddler website.
The learning objectives that are covered by this course are:
- What is Fiddler
- Installing Fiddler on Windows
- Configuring Fiddler for HTTPS Decryption
- Tracing Alfresco Content Services traffic with Fiddler
Time Required: ~30 minutes
Applicable Product Versions: -
This course presumes that the student is familiar with the following:
- Windows Software Installation
- HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Alfresco Content Services Administration
The student will require access to the following resources in order to complete this course:
- Windows 7 or 10 machine with full administrator rights and internet access
- An Alfresco Content Services sandbox environment such as Administrator